Our legal aid service has been in operation since the summer of 2000. The service focuses on cases of discrimination, harassment and violence on the grounds of sexual orientation or gender identity, but it also provides advice on any legal matter where the sexual orientation or gender identity of the person might be significant.
The most frequent problems our clients contact us about:
- violent homophobic and transphobic attacks;
- workplace discrimination and harrasment;
- discrimination by service providers;
- entering intro registered partnership and its legal consequences;
- parenting possibilities;
- entry and residence of a foreign partner;
- legal gender recognition and questions related to tranisitioning.
Our legal aid service is also involved in documenting human rights violations of LGBT people, so please contact us even in cases where you are not the victim, but have witnessed or learnt about such an incident.
In case your problem does not fall within the profile of our legal aid service, we can put you in contact with LGBT-friendly lawyers, who can help with your case on a fee-basis..
Availability of the legal aid service:
- via our information and counselling hotline: every day between 18:00 to 23:00 at the 137-37 (toll-free line) or +36 1 329 3380 phone number, or via the Skype account ‘segelyvonal’;
- on weekdays between 8:00 and 20:00 at the +36 1 6 333 455 phone number;
- via e-mail at jogsegely [kukac] hatter [pont] hu
- via our online reporting interface at www.jelentsd-a-homofobiat.hu.