Awareness of Anti-LGBT Hate Crime in the European Union
The report responds to the following key questions:
- Why is the number of reported anti-LGBTI crimes in Europe so low?
- What are the barriers to reporting?
- How are victims’ rights protected?
- What do states do to encourage victims and witnesses to come forward?
- How are police, NGOs and support services prepared to deal with anti-LGBTI hate crimes?
- What regional differences in the response to anti-LGBTI hate crime can be observed?
This publication was produced as part of the project Call It Hate: Raising Awareness of Anti-LGBT Hate Crime, co-funded by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme (2014-2020) of the European Commission (grant agreement JUST-REC-DISC-AG-2016-04-764731).