Supportive friends, unprepared Institutions: The experience of LGBTQI students in Hungarian schools based on the National School Climate Survey
The English translation of our report on the National School Climate Survey performed in 2017, summing up the school experiences of almost 1000 LGBTQI students aged 13 to 21 in Hungary. It provides detailed unswers to several questions:
- how safe they feel at school;
- to what extent they are exposed to verbal and physical harassment and physical attacks;
- which classes and in what manner convey information on LGBTQI topics;
- what are the reactions of teachers and other school staff when they report homophobic or transphobic harassment and abuse;
- what other forms of discrimination they are exposed to.
Based on the results, we provided recommendations to eliminate bias-motivated school violence and create safe, inclusive schools for all students.