Hungarian LGBT Alliance, Rainbow Mission Foundation and Szimpozion Association is carrying out a joint project entitled WeAreHere: Improving the social acceptance of LGBTQI People in Hungary via community empowerment and awareness raising between January 1 2018 and December 31 2019.
Aims of the project:
- improving the social acceptance of LGBTQI people;
- encouraging LGBTQI people to come out;
- fostering a supportive social environment around LGBTQI people, especially in schools, workplaces, and families;
- fighting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity;
- increasing the positive visibility of LGBTQI people.
Main activities of the project:
- surveying social attitudes to LGBTQI people to identify effective messages to promote social acceptance;
- training teachers, helping professionals and HR professionals;
- sensitizing workshops at schools and workplaces;
- community events for LGBTQI people and their families;
- storytelling campaign;
- campaigns to initiate open discussions on LGBTQI topics at schools and workplaces.
Activities Háttér Society carries out:
- writing a guide on family acceptance;
- organizing family days;
- training of HR personnel at companies;
- organizing sensitizing workshops at companies;
- campaign promoting workplace acceptance.
The European Commission supports the project by 178,153 euros, of which the Háttér receives 29,883 euros.