Counter-Hate: Victim centeredness and intersectionality
Between May 2022 and April 2024, we implement a research, training and awareness-raising project entitled Counter-Hate: Improving the assistance of victims of hate crimes through a victim-centered and intersectional approach.
- mapping of legislation and policy on hate crime and victim support;
- analyzing the experiences of victims, decision-makers and key professionals;
- promoting cooperation between decision-makers, public bodies, civil society organizations and other relevant bodies;
- training of trainers for law enforcement and judicial professionals;
- developing policy recommendations to improve support to victims of hate crimes;
- raising awareness of the rights and services available to hate crimes victims.
- University of Girona, Spain (coordinator)
- Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias Kai Paidiou (Kmop), Greece
- Háttér Society, Hungary
- University of Brescia, Italy
- Mirovni Institute, Slovenia
- LGL, Lithuania
The project is supported by the Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values program of the European Commission, from which EUR 59,773 is allocated for implementation in Hungary. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the project partners only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Commission. Neither the European Union nor the European Commission can be held responsible for them.