Bring-In: Building professional capacity to combat discrimination against and better meet the needs of intersex persons
Between March 2020 and February 2022, Háttér Society is implementing the “Bring-In: Building professional capacity to combat discrimination against and better meet the needs of intersexpersons” project with PANTEION (Greece), Symplexis (Greece), Bilitis (Bulgaria), RJ4All (UK) and Iotam Internet of Things Applications and Multi Layer Development Ltd. (ITML) (Cyprus). The aim of the project is to build professional capacity to combat discrimination against and better meet the needs of intersex persons.
The project will promote intersex equality by educating social and health professionals on how to recognise, prevent and combat discrimination against intersex people, while raising public awareness & advocating for the need to act upon the human rights violations they face.
Specific activities of the project include:
- researching the existing needs and challenges of intersex persons;
- development of an Online Learning Resources Platform on intersex equality;
- development and implementation of a capacity building programme aiming to prevent and combat intersex discrimination in the social and health sector;
- designing and implementing a public awareness campaign;
- organizing targeted advocacy meetings with local, national and EU decision makers.
The project is supported by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Commission; Háttér Society receives 29 858 euro of the funding.