Háttér Society has been operating an HIV hotline since December 1, 2005, with the aim of providing comprehensive information on HIV / AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, as well as helping people living with HIV to accept their status and cope with new challenges.
The HIV hotline is most commonly sought for the following problems:
- Issues related to the risk of transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted deseases;
- issues related to the availability of preventive medications (PEP, PrEP);
- increased anxiety following risky sexual behavior;
- Availability and opening hours of HIV screening sites;
- crisis situation following newly screened HIV infection;
- Questions of family members and friends of HIV-infected people;
- Issues related to access to HIV therapy;
- Complaints of discrimination based on HIV status.
The HIV hotline is available:
- every day from 6 am to 10 pm, on the telephone number + 36 (1) 6 333 455 (on Budapest line tariff rates);
- via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org